cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy
fast and practical stress relief
turn your life around
“Everything human beings do is habit.
All habits can change.
Hypnosis is a fast track to changing habits.” (Christopher Green, Overpowered)
What is less well known is that hypnotherapy also works well to motivate and inspire you when you have lost your mojo.
“The sea is the favourite symbol for the unconscious, the mother of all that lives” (C G Jung).
The sea covers almost three quarters of our earth, a rich world full of precious resources that we have hardly begun to explore, respect and understand: like the mind itself. There is more depth and life in you than you have yet discovered.
Make the changes that make a difference
These are just some of the different kinds of problem that my clients have been able to overcome:
- … kept failing her driving test. After one session she was relaxed and confident enough to pass the next one.
- … avoided going to the dentist for years. Now thinks nothing of booking a regular checkup.
- … suffering from a broken hip, amazed to find that deep relaxation helped to ease the pain.
- … lonely, low self esteem, had anxiety attacks in crowded places and a phobia for heights. Now gleefully takes the lift to the top of a department store.
- … fear of flying, after one session before a work trip abroad had a comfortable journey.
- … behavioural problems at school, made fast and creative changes.
Ease the pain
- … seeking help for insomnia and how to cope with redundancy, soon sleeping better with new hope and energy.
- … bereaved and lost, recovered peace of mind and a new sense of purpose.
- … overwhelmed with parental anxieties, but a practical action plan and calm state of mind restored self esteem and hope for the future.
- … musician too nervous to perform in public found the confidence to play on stage.
- … bowling champion who had lost his knack, a golfer who had lost his swing and a show-jumper who had lost her nerve are some of the sportspeople who have improved their skills and gone on to further success.
“Every suggestion was rooted in her deep understanding of the mind and her keenness to understand me as an individual… I started to notice my sleep improving and long-established stress symptoms lessening…” (DG)
feel better for a change
frequently asked questions
What is the cost?
£80 per session
How long is a session?
How many sessions will I need?
To start with, only one! I specialise in single session therapy. In that time we are able to focus on one priority at a time. We will find the best options, strategies and resources available to you at this time, so that along with a feeling of relief, a fresh perspective and renewed confidence, you can take away a plan of action that you can put into immediate practice. If then you would like to work more on the same or another problem, you can book another session. Contact me for a free initial consultation to consider whether this practical, problem-solving way of working is appropriate for you. This approach is designed to be most immediately helpful and convenient. It cuts down on paperwork, so you will not spend your therapy time filling in forms. It means you are not signing up to be 'in therapy' for an indeterminate, as-long-as-it-takes amount of time. You can use the service as and when you want to, and benefit for life from the skills you learn and the techniques that work best for you.
BA (Hons), MA,
DABCH, Dip CBH
“We carry within us the wonders we seek without us: there is all Africa and her prodigies in us” (Sir Thomas Browne, Religio Medici)
I grew up in Cyprus and Africa; and to me the mind itself has always seemed like another country, whose rhythms and language are a world away and yet part of us.
After forty years of working with individuals and groups in the field of self awareness and personal development, I am still amazed by the endless resourcefulness, adaptibility and creativity of the human mind.
what is cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy?
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a modern, evidence-based form of therapy that is helpful for a wide range of problems and for all kinds of people.
Unlike counselling, cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy specifically encourages positive change rather than just talking about a problem. Unlike psychodynamic therapies, this approach focuses on what is happening now instead of in the past. It explores practical solutions rather than speculating about possible causes.
Clinical studies have shown that CBT is even more lasting and effective when reinforced with hypnotherapy. Clients gain helpful techniques and new coping skills, so that they also gain in independence and resilience going forward.
“Have been doing very well this week. Had a few situations that would have terrified me before and came out smiling” (DD)
I am centrally located in the medieval cathedral city of Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 1HU